We’re working with a highly innovative US-based early stage company that has a growing local engineering office in Kitchener-Waterloo focused on cutting edge wireless technologies. It’s a highly skilled technical team developing new communication technologies around mobile, connected car, IoT and satellite products. They are tackling large scale global problems, and are driven to create new frontiers and change the industry.
The products are in early stages of development and your role will be critical to success in bringing these new products to market. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with highly experienced external partners, and their internal innovation incubator that develops new ideas.
The Telecom Lead will be responsible for designing and building services within their platform that communicate with telecom systems via standardized 3GPP/3GPP2 interfaces. This includes services that share policy, CDRs, network traffic, media, and more.
Does this sound like you?
- • Experience with many different telecom protocols (ie. ANDSF, IMS, SIP, and RADIUS/DIAMETER)
- • Deep understanding of the design of a 3GPP mobile network, including components like ePDG, eNB, HLR, VLR, PCRF, OCS
- • C/C++ coding skills – with a Unix focus
- • Deep knowledge of network service architecture, including networking, security, load balancing, caching, virtualization, and containers
- • Experience with developing for quality & reliability, and how it relates to network services in particular – automated testing, performance benchmarking, load-balancing, multi-site availability, GeoDNS, and “Chaos Monkey”-style approaches
- • Some experience with the inner workings of the fundamental Internet protocols (TCP, UDP, DNS, and HTTP)
- • Some experience with operations and deployment – enough to set up your own server and work with our operations team to deploy, scale, and monitor service availability
Want to know more?
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org