We’re excited to be working with Dematic on this search. The position will be in Waterloo, ON.
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp is the world’s leading supplier of logistics automation solutions, systems and service. Dematic provides integrated material handling solutions that incorporate process improvements, material flow technologies, controls, and software to reduce operational costs, maximize productivity, and optimize supply chain performance.
For over 70 years, Dematic has proven to be a competent single source supplier that engineers, manufactures, develops, implements and life cycle supports the core material handling technologies required to operate effective logistics solutions.
The product management team is chartered to guide both the development and implementation of the company’s product strategy and stages of product lifecycle through awareness of market needs, working with engineering teams and bringing to market innovative products and releases.
Decision Support Software Product Manager:
- Drive standard business intelligence and decision support capabilities for Dematic’s logistics automation solutions as part of its Dematic iQ InSights software platform
- Develop and drive the Decision Support software roadmap into a set of clear and actionable requirements
- Leverage technical ability to guide Development teams to create and bring leading products to market
The Decision Support Software Product Manager will:
- Together with Software Product Management team define the vision and roadmap for our Dematic iQ InSights Decision Support market offering
- Provide customer warehouse operational personas, through standard software capabilities, with relevant data, visual representation and analysis to make proactive informed decisions
- Equip key user personas with information to improve and optimize
- Identify operating trends and fine-tune operations based on real-time and historical analytics
- Pro-actively find and fix issues to avoid disruptions and improve performance
- Identify industry best methods and standardized software processes that will enhance our customers distribution flow, productivity and accuracy
- Identify software driven insights into improvements in processes and work flows which enhance our customers distribution flow, productivity and accuracy
In this position you will serve as the external and internal evangelist for your product offering
- Establish and monitor product development advancements
- Technical assessments
- Development releases
- Launch plans
- Work with subject matter experts to:
- Analyze customer and standard solution operational scenarios, including performance and productivity data, error rates and their root causes
- Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from data aggregation and statistical analysis to complex data mining
- Drive problem solving capabilities through root cause analysis and develop standard software solutions
- Identify standard software solutions and capabilities for identifying operational bottlenecks, effective and efficient use of assets and processes, work flow processes to increase productivity, process failures, service process errors, inefficiencies to reduce cost and improve service
- Drive levels of software standardization and flexibility in providing operations access to actionable information
- Drive standard software operational capabilities by operational persona in areas of material flow visibility, process status visibility, operational performance, performance KPI’s and metrics, standard dashboards and scorecards
- Drive standard software performance data visibility and access for real-time and historical operational monitoring, short-term trending
- Drive standard software operations goals and controls input, scorecards & KPIs, long-term trending, historical comparison, cross-site comparisons
- Drive standard software operational Insights for prediction and forecasting, cause & effect relationships and sensitivity analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations or Facility Management or equivalent work experience
Knowledge / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of business intelligence, industrial engineering, operational analysis or consulting experience
- 3+ years in a warehouse or distribution setting and experience with corresponding metrics and key performance indicators is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to break a problem or opportunity down into sub-components; identify root causes and drivers; use creative thinking skills in developing standard solutions
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts including probability and statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratio’s, and proportions.
- Experience in data mining and analysis
- Success leading cross-functional teams, with a collaborative style, and aptitude in team facilitation
- Outstanding team building skills with the ability to improve interaction and efficiency as well as the ability to break down barriers and silos
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills for all levels within an organization
- Experience in distributed work environments or international business setting
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Travel to customer and non-customer sites, traveling up to 25%
Interested? Get in touch with Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org.