Lightspeed is currently looking for its Manager, Product Design to join our Montreal-based Product team. A product designer at Lightspeed is responsible for unparalleled user experiences. It’s more than just crafting pretty visuals (although we really like those as well). Everything you do is in service to improving the life of our end-user or, better yet, helping a team of designers to improve it. You’ll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that shape the product. You will be responsible for leading a global team and enabling their achievements in product design, interaction design, and visual design to build great experiences. If the idea of helping independent businesses around the world to succeed gets you excited, this may be the position for you!
- Lead the design team on day-to-day delivery, as well as focus on skills and career coaching for individuals
- Work with Product Management and Development leaders to guide best practises for planning and execution
- Collaborate with sales and support to optimize our user satisfaction and market opportunities
- Strategize long-term to help define a unique and powerful identity for Lightspeed in our market
- Act as a liaison between the design team and the rest of the company and with the executive team and nurture design thinking throughout every level
- Train internal sales, client services, implementation teams on emerging trends and company solutions
- Help refine the design system used across all products
- Foster innovative and reliable design practises
- Understand the company’s business objectives to ensure product functionality is aligned to meet those objectives
- Understand client strategies and how they relate to product capabilities to enable solutions that deliver value for clients and the company
- Guide effective documentation and communication of design – via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories.
- Speak to customers for input and validation of designs
- Provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders and partners
- Work with the design team to create, maintain, and evolve user interface design elements
- Provide creative consultation & solutions for a variety of interactive and visual design related requests
- Participate in special projects to support client development and retention
- Lead competitive and market analysis and apply insights to product strategies and roadmap
- 5+ years of experience with product design for web and mobile applications
- Experience with leading a design team
- Bachelor degree in design and research, human-computer interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- You are experienced in solving problems and can distill them into simple and elegant solutions
- Have launched multiple digital products before and understand why they failed/succeeded
- Experience building and growing design systems within a product development organization
- Prior experience in prototyping techniques and user-centred design principles on commercially available products
- Have a great sense for aesthetics and could both work with or extend the Lightspeed brand/style
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS/JS, Sketch, Framer
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request further information.