The Knowledge Society is designed to prepare young people (ages 13-17) to become leaders in their industries. The learning space is optimized for creativity, collaboration, and ambition. TKS encourages students to take risks and think big.
We’re working with this innovative company to find a Director for their new Waterloo location. We believe in this program so much, we’re proud to announce that we’re one of its sponsors!
Check out this unique opportunity.
Lead TKS Waterloo program and operations.
The mission at TKS is to develop the next-generation of leaders that will solve the world’s most important problems. At their core, they believe that by training young people to develop a strong mindset, breadth of knowledge, and real-world skills, they will change the world. Underlying all of this is guiding them towards their passion and purpose. TKS is an institution that is developing the next-generation of innovators and leaders, and they’re looking for a Director for their new Waterloo presence.
Your role will be to lead the Waterloo program. We’re looking for someone that is highly energetic, has a passion for learning, and wants to re-imagine education. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning, nerds out to new technologies and has unique real-world experiences, which will help when mentoring the students.
You should expect to learn a great deal in this role, with a strong focus on your personal and professional development. You will gain deep knowledge in every significant emerging technology and science, develop a strong skill set in communication and problem solving and become a thought leader in education. With your guidance, the students you develop relationships with at TKS will go on to solve important problems in the world, like curing cancer or building flying autonomous vehicles. You will make an impact and change the lives of ambitious young people in this role… and you’ll love every second of it.
- Mentor young people that will change the world.
- Speak at conferences, be a thought leader.
- Develop a deep understanding in new technologies and sciences.
- Highly competitive salary.
- You’re doing something meaningful every day.
- Re-imagine education and learning.
- Grow you your executive network.
- The inaugural program in Waterloo will be held every Sunday afternoon, so you’ll have flexibility for the rest of the week!
You will work directly with the founders to lead TKS Waterloo. Below are some of the main responsibilities you’ll own as Director.
- Facilitate the in-person program with TKS students. The program is held on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-5pm.
- Grow the TKS Waterloo office. Develop a team in Waterloo to accelerate operations and expand the TKS presence.
- Implement new strategies. You will have autonomy and flexibility to implement and test your own ideas and strategies that can scale to impact millions of people.
- Create high impact opportunities. This may include hosting a speaker, setting up a themed workshop (e.g. blockchain, genomics, etc.), and organizing events (e.g. tour of Shopify office). The goal is to create experiences outside of TKS to give students exposure to the real world.
- Develop new learning models. Re-imagine education and learning to propose new models for expansion and increase the accessibility and impact of TKS.
- Organize TKSummit. Every year we host a conference to change the lives of students by highlighting new innovations in technology and science. You will help build the team to execute this event and impact thousands of ambitious and curious students.
- Provide mentorship and guidance. Many students start projects or complex research and need guidance as they approach roadblocks or confusing problems. You will need to help them problem solve and think about how to overcome challenges they face.
Interested? Get in touch with Kristina – email@example.com.
Want to learn more about TKS?
Check out their Youtube channel.