Lightspeed. We’re exciting to partner with this amazing company. They have multiple locations globally, with an exceptionally cool HQ in Montreal, QC.
Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place – more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile point-of-sale and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place.
They recently completed a $167 million financing round that has them well positioned to become Canada’s next great technology story. As part of this finance team, you’ll play a key role in driving them towards an IPO within the next 12-18 months!
Why We Love Working With Them:
We’ve partnered with them in the past and we respect the way they work. They have a terrific leadership team that values entrepreneurial drive in their staff, in the same way they support the success of their entrepreneurial customers. The company culture they’ve built is growth-oriented and one that respects and encourages employees. Lightspeed is a bigger company with a startup feel.
The Heart of The Role:
As the Director of FP&A you will get to build a successful career within a fast-growing tech company, where your work will have a direct and visible impact on the results. You’ll work with department leaders to ensure financial plans are in sync with the company’s operational objectives, and you’ll lead a data team to ensure appropriate visibility and data integrity across the organization.
You’ll get to manage a team of high performers and will scale the team as Lightspeed grows. We anticipate that your time that will be divided as follows: 50% Strategic financial planning, forecasting and budgeting; 20% Mergers & Acquisitions; 30% Working with data and improving the process and effectiveness of reporting.
Here are some other awesome things you’ll get to do:
- Act as an internal consultant to Senior management for business analysis and strategic decision-making
- Develop financial models, forecasts, budgets, and related support material for Senior management and the board
- Identify opportunities for operational and financial improvements across the business
- Partner with department leadership on strategies to achieve desired results
- Provide support on complex projects and ad hoc analysis. Contribute to the design of financial models, scenarios, and sensitivities for projects and reporting requirements. Apply models and interpret results
- Build clear and insightful reports. Improve the financial reports reliability, accuracy, clarity and production time
- Build relationships with other departments and help create systemic solutions to accurately record new business transactions for both operational and consolidated results
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes
- Support the development and implementation of data dashboards and management reports to meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Ensure that the business processes in place enable accurate financial information and put in place necessary corrective measures in a timely manner
Does this sound like you?
- You’re excited about tech and know that it would be great to help a Canadian tech company with their IPO and growth
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Able to handle a high volume of transactions
- Of course, since you’ll be collaborating with a team, you’re an terrific communicator
What it helps to have:
- Accounting designation
- Experience in investment banking
- Experience building KPI
- Experience with SAAS metrics
- Experience with NetSuite and Adaptive Planning
- Strong interest in BI tools
- Excellent written and spoken French
Sound like you or someone you know? Get in touch with email@example.com.