We’re working with a company that is the leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. They’re looking for a Controls Software Engineer in the Research and Development group.
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You enjoy designing and implementing creative solutions and advanced features into product foundation code used globally.
- You like to test the functionality and performance of your code using software simulation tools to prevent escaped defects.
- You want to collaborate with remote team members and stakeholders in Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States to build the best product.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you are comfortable communicating in writing and through Skype or the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You are going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and you are excited to make a difference.
Skills and Requirements:
This position is open to a recent graduate through to a very experienced engineer.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Robotics & Automation or related field.
- Experience programming PLCs, HMIs, and other industrial equipment in the automation industry (Siemens preferred).
- Software focus with attention to best practices and quality.
- Experience designing and developing software using a higher-level language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with common industrial communication protocols is an asset.
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting is an asset.
- Experience developing embedded software is an asset.
- Working knowledge of agile development is an asset.
- Willing to travel (20-25%).
- Able to travel freely abroad without restrictions.
Does this sound like you? Interested in learning more? Please contact Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org