- C++ (5+ years of experience with solid fundamentals of the language)
- Digital circuit design (2+ years of experience)
- Degree in, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated system architecture design for distributed processing systems
- Interest in leadership and mentorship
- Distributed computing architecture design
- Libraries including STL, Boost, VTK, PCL, Eigen, Qt
- Web programming and cloud computing
- Image processing and sensor fusion
- High-frequency signal - digital circuit design
- Multi-layer board layout
- Embedded programming
- Project Management
- Experience working in an environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Demonstrated interest and capability in leadership
- A drive to continue to self-improve existing skills and capabilities as well as learn new ones.
- You enjoy designing and implementing creative solutions and advanced features into product foundation code used globally.
- You like to test the functionality and performance of your code using software simulation tools to prevent escaped defects.
- You want to collaborate with remote team members and stakeholders in Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States to build the best product.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you are comfortable communicating in writing and through Skype or the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You are going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and you are excited to make a difference.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Control Systems, Robotics & Automation or related field.
- Experience programming PLCs, HMIs, and other industrial equipment in the automation industry (Siemens preferred).
- Software focus with attention to best practices and quality.
- Experience designing and developing software using a higher-level language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with common industrial communication protocols is an asset.
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting is an asset.
- Experience developing embedded software is an asset.
- Working knowledge of agile development is an asset.
- Willing to travel (20-25%).
- Able to travel freely abroad without restrictions.
- End to End leadership - ideation, design, development, QA, delivery. Release to the end user, marketing, customer support.
- KPI’s - Define what needs to be measured, then use that data to drive decision making for rapid iteration and improvement
- Competitive analysis - determining if we are the best and if not, why? Then fix it.
- Working with Business Development you will also be responsible for managing the White-Label Solution for SurfEasy Partners.
- Looking for and building the case for new products or services
- 8+ years of Product Management experience with mobile and desktop apps, ideally in a SaaS and B2C environment
- Experience with desktop, mobile and web analytics, testing tools, and reporting.
- Exceptional communication skills: we thrive on sharing knowledge, honest feedback and frequent collaboration.
- Track record of quick growth and positive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit - Don’t take no for an answer, try something new, take calculated risks, be bold. Do not wait to be told what to do.
- Understanding of what makes a good product great, how to articulate it and make it a reality.
- Be a problem solver.
- Ability to survive without being micro-managed.
- A collaborative / team player attitude - check your ego at the door, we work as a team, we win as a team